Common Mode ChokesAttenuation of common mode line noise in switching power supplies. High attenuation over a wide frequency range, available in a wide range of inductances and current ratings. Windings balanced within one percent. Dielectric strength to requirements.
Input / Output ChokesWide range of core styles (toroidal, EE, EI, UI, UU, EP, EFD, RM, PQ, ETD, ER, etc). Inductance range, current range & energy storage range to suit. SMT and THT mounts and DC bias current capability.
Air Core InductorsAble to handle high currents, no saturation. Wide range of inductance values. Inside Diameter from 0.060" to 6". High Linearity, Very High Q
THT & SMT mounting.
Custom & EquivalentsEffective designs for a wide range of inductors to suit your specific applications. Providing you with the performance, workmanship and reliability that you need.
- Encapsulated Inductors
Epoxy or Silicone Encapsulation provides protection from harmful environments such as shock, vibration, moisture and corrosive agents; improved thermal transfer; and vacuum processing of high dielectric strength materials for high voltage applications.
Other inductors we supply include Power Factor Correction Inductors, DC Inductors, Filter Chokes, High Current Inductors and SMPS Inductors.
all modern materials, including ...
- Powdered Iron
- Si Steel
- amorphous metal
- Ceramic (air core form)
- and others
all commercially available core styles in our capability range including:
Toroidal Strip Wound
Laminated EI UI EE
Ferrite Core styles
Magnet Wire, etc.
- full range of AWGs
- round, rectangular, square wire
- Litz Wire
- copper foil
- Surface Mount
- Through Hole
Encapsulation, Impregnation, Coatings
- Epoxy Encapsulation
- Silicone Encapsulation
- Vacuum / Pressure Impregnation
- Varnish Impregnation
- Coatings for protection against moisture, environmental factors, chemicals and corrosive attack
- electrostatic shielding
- EMI shielding
Applications of Custom Transformers
- Switch Mode Power Supplies
energy storage devices
AC current Chokes (allows DC Current)
- Frequency Filtering
- Tuned Circuits
- Inductive Sensors
- RFI suppression
Inductor Design Considerations
- Circuit application (Flyback, Forward, Push-Pull, Half Bridge and Full Bridge Converter topologies, etc.)
- Inductance Minimum
- Adjustable / Tuned Inductance
- Q at Test Frequency
- Self Resonant Frequency
- DC Resistance max
- AC Current rating, AC Ripple Current
- DC Bias Current max & % Drop in Inductance from zero DC
- Dimensional constraints
- Termination specs (terminals, leads)
- Mounting Style
- Weight Constraint
- Ambient temperature range
- Ruggedness to vibration, environment
- Encapsulation with Epoxy or Silicone
- Safety Standard requirements (UL, CSA, etc.)
- MIL spec standards